Tuesday, July 12, 2005

 

My Clinton

During those years of Clinton and Ms. Flowers, and then Clinton and Paula, and finally Clinton and his grand jury and his Monica I wondered why people hated him sooo much.

I was angry too that he lied in front of the grand jury. I even believed, at certain points, he should resign. But he didn't. And now I can't remember what the whole big deal was. What I do remember is how much the people that hated him hated him.

I get it now. That's the way I feel about Bush. I mean it. I take pleasure when he has egg on his face, I can't believe it when he does something right.

There is a difference (or justification) if you will. Bush is an asshole. I mean it. If I was worried when his Papa didn't know the price of milk (which I don't know and I buy it all the time), this guy doesn't realize that he's playing with people's lives--literally.

Every time I see another gut wrenching story about a veteran who loses his life over a war he lied us into, I can't help but wonder what I'm missing. There has to be something if the red part of the country is so behind him. I'm a patriot too, but I don't see the connection.

Yes, our troops are full of heroes, true and genuine, and our mission is noble. Absolutely noble, and maybe even necessary.

BUT WE WENT THERE UNDER FALSE PRETENSES!!! And we are paying the price. He stood there and might as well have said, "I have not had sex with..." This connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda is just as ficticious.

And remember no one died over that!

Comments:
True. True. I apoligize I voted for him.

T.S.
 
I agree about Bush. I'm disgusted every time I see him on the news. It is a sad day when such a man represents our nation.
 
Political Mama, I am one of those people who irrationally hated Clinton, so much so that I associated him with Gore and voted for...Bush in 2000. Can you ever forgive me?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?